American professional wrestler John Felix Anthony Cena was born on April 23, 1977. He is also a bodybuilder, rapper, and actor. He is presently a World Wrestling Entertainment contract holder (WWE)
John Cena’s Career before his Fame
Early, In 1999, John Cena began training at Ultimate Pro Wrestling to become a professional wrestler, and he debuted in the ring as The Prototype.
Moreover, In April of 2000, he won the UPW Championship and held it for 27 days. In March 2001, he made his final appearance on UPW.
Similarly, in October 2000, Cena made an unofficial debut for World Wrestling Federation under the ring name “The Prototype,” losing to Mikey Richardson in a dark match on a “SmackDown!” taping.
Cena gradually entered tournaments and signed contracts. In 2001, he signed his first deal with the WWF, which was with Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW).
Also, He held the OVW Heavyweight title for three months after signing the deal. Throughout the year, he was also offered tryouts for the WWF roast.
Furthermore, He became a fan favorite and had feuds with several big-name characters, including Christ Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Albert, and D-Von Dudley, despite barely losing the match.
Later that year, Cena demonstrated his rapping skills in a Halloween-themed program, earning him the moniker “The Doctor of Thuganomics.”
He competed against The Undertaker at “Vengeance” in 2003 but lost the singles bout. In 2004, Cena defeated the Big Show at Wrestlemania to win his first singles championship.
Wrestling in the Ohio Valley (2001–2002)
Following his deal with OVW, John was regularly seen competing on WWF home shows. He fought legends like Shelton Benjamin, Tommy Dreamer, and others in this ring.
Few could have imagined overcoming Cena until it happened one day. He was defeated by Kane in a ‘Loser Leaves OVW match on September 25, 2002.
Later, in November, he made a one-time appearance. Mr. P was the name he picked when he was matched in a six-man tag team match.
Charlie Haas and WWE Hall of Famer Big Boss Man were on his team.
On his way to Hollywood
Yes, you read that correctly; John Cena has appeared in several films. His debut film, The Marine, was released by WWE Studios in 2006.
The picture grossed about $7 million at the box office in the United States.
In 2007, CNN’s Special Investigations Unit interviewed John Cena for the documentary Death Grip: Inside Pro Wrestling.
This interview seems to be about steroids and drug use in professional wrestling.
He also made an appearance in the film 12 Rounds, which was released on March 27, 2009. Cena later co-starred in the film Legendary, which was produced by WWE Studios (2010).
In addition, the professional wrestler has appeared in the children’s film Fred: The Movie. Here’s how he plays Fred’s fictitious father.
Surprisingly, Cena also has a strong interest in comedic flicks. Sisters, Trainwreck, Daddy’s Home, and Daddy’s Home 2 were among the comedies in which he appeared.
He also played the lead in blockbuster blockbusters such as Transformers, Bumblebee, and Dolittle.
Was John Cena in the Military?
In his third movie around 2010, he was wearing a Military outfit.
“LEGENDA Around the time Cena’s film, The Marine, was released he began wearing attire more military-related, including camouflage shorts, dog tags, a Marine soldier cap and a T-Shirt with the words “Chain Gang Assault Battalion”, showing his new Marine soldier gimmick.
John Cena can SING!
There isn’t a single person who hasn’t heard of John Cena. As Kurt Angle put it, he is a legend and “the greatest professional wrestler of all time.”
Similarly, in WWE ThemeAddict: The Music, Vol. 6, Cena recorded the song “Untouchables.” Later that year, John participated in a remix of “H-U-S-T-L-E” with Murs, E-40, and Chingo Bling.
When it comes to Cena, we can’t forget about his signature song, as well as his WWE entrance music, “The Time Is Now.”
For his debut album, You Can’t See Me, the wrestler supposedly recorded this with his cousin Tha Trademark.
The Perceptionists later used the duo on a single called “Champion Scratch.
In October 2014, Wiz Khalifa included Cena in his two singles “All Day” and “Breaks,” which also served as the soundtrack for the WWE 2K15 video game.
Cena began rapping in advertisements for the energy drink YJ Stinger in October 2002.
For Subway restaurants, Cena and spokesperson Jared Fogle produced a handful of commercials in November 2006; they debuted in January 2007.
Championships and accomplishments
- Ultimate Pro Wrestling
- UPW Heavyweight Champion (1 time)
- Ohio Valley Wrestling
- OVW Heavyweight Champion (1 time)
- OVW Southern Tag Team Champion (4 times) – with Rico Constantino
- World Wrestling Entertainment
- WWE Championship/WWE World Heavyweight Championship (13 times)
- World Heavyweight Champion (3 times)
- WWE Tag Team Champion (2 times) – with David Otunga (1) and The Miz (1)
- World Tag Team Champion (2 times) – with Batista (1) and Shawn Michaels (1)
- WWE United States Champion (5 times)
- Money In The Bank (2012 – WWE Championship Contract)
- Royal Rumble winner (2008, 2013)
- Slammy Awards – Superstar of the Year (2009, 2010, 2012)
- 2010 Slammy Awards – Holy Move of the Year
- Slammy Award – Game Changer of the Year (2011) – With The Rock
- Slammy Award – Insult of the Year (2012) – To Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero
- Slammy Award – Kiss of the Year (2012) – with AJ Lee
- The Hero in All of Us Award (2015)
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI Feud of the Year (2006) vs. Edge
- PWI Match of the Year (2007) vs. Shawn Michaels on Raw on April 23
- PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2003)
- PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (2004, 2005, 2007)
- PWI Wrestler of the Year (2006, 2007)
- PWI ranked no.1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2006 and 2007
- Superstar of the Year 2009
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- 5 Star Match (2011) vs. CM Punk on July 17
- WON Wrestler of the Year (2007)
- WON Best Box Office Draw (2007)
- WON Best on Interviews (2007)
- WON Most Charismatic (2006-2008)
- WON Best Gimmick (2003)
- Ross Hardy (WWE) is featured in “Slam Smack (Intro Cut)” (2002)
- DJ Case’s “Insert Bass Here” (FirstCom Production Music) (November 14, 2002 – February 13, 2003)
- “Basic Thuganomics” by Trademarc and John Cena (WWE) (2002-2004)
- 12 Stones’ “We Are One” was utilized from October 3, 2010, to November 21, 2010, while they were a part of The Nexus.
- “The Time Is Now,” a WWE song by John Cena and Trademarc (2005-Present)
Ring names- John Cena, The Prototype, Mr. P, Juan Cena
Height- 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)
Weight- 260 lbs (118 kg)
Date of Birth- April 23, 1977
Birth Place– West Newbury, Massachusetts
Resides– Tampa, Florida
Billed from– Classified (UPW), West Newbury, Massachusetts (WWE)
Trainer- UPW and OVW
Debut year- 1999