Torrie Anne Wilson is a former professional wrestler who is now a model, fitness competitor, and blogger. Her participation with World Wrestling Entertainment is what made her famous. Wilson won Miss Galaxy in 1999 as a fitness competitor.
About Torrie Wilson | Family and Education
Torrie Alice Wilson, better known by her stage name Torrie Wilson, was born on July 24, 1975, in Boise, Idaho.
Al Wilson was her father (father). Al Wilson, a prominent soul musician who died recently, was most known for his vocals and the million-selling #1 single “Show and Tell.”
Her mother, on the other hand, has received little attention. Torrie, though, developed an interest in modeling as a teenager, according to sources.
Her mother encouraged her to follow her dream of being a model at the time.
Wilson, too, had her early education in her hometown of Boise before attending Boise State University for her higher education. So there she was, a pre-dietetics student.
View this post on Instagram
Torrie, on the other hand, had an eating disorder and realized she needed to reduce weight in her third year of university.
Wilson then began to peruse fashion magazines. And after reading the first page of the magazine, she knew she wanted a figure like that model’s (muscles with a feminine look).
Torrie was motivated to lose weight and lead a healthier lifestyle as a result. Moreover, she competed in a fitness competition.
Indeed, the primary motivation for entering the tournament was to lose weight. She believes that if you set a goal and don’t let your thoughts wander, you will be able to focus on it.
Wilson was crowned Miss Galaxy Fitness Competitor in 1999. Torrie quickly learns that Idoha is not the place for her.
She desired to do something significant in her life, which required her to leave her comfort zone. Torrie Wilson’s actual battle for success begins from here.
Professional Life and Career
Torrie relocated to Los Angeles to pursue her aspirations of being an actress and model. She didn’t think she’d get that far, though.
But, as the saying goes, trust the process. Wilson is finally allowed to appear on her second magazine cover.
Torrie was working within three months of arriving in Los Angeles. WCW signed her shortly after, almost three months later (World Championship Wrestling).
Torrie debuted in WCW with the ring name Samantha in 1999. Wilson was brought in by The New World Order to woo David Flair into turning against Ric Flair (David’s father), according to the plot.
David zapped Ric with a teaser while Wilson slapped him. Ric went on to capture the WCW belt later. Wilson took a month off from WCW following that.
Following that, she returned in May to accompany David to matches. In the 1999 Bash of the Beach, Torrie also served as Ric Flair’s valet.
Wilson was with David until September, when it was revealed that Torrie was flirting with Billy Kidman in the locker area of the Filthy Animals, sparking a conflict between Flair and Kidman.
Wilson later turned on David by supporting Filthy Animals during a match. She even accompanied them when they finished thrashing David.
Torrie Wilson was shown with Hulk Hogan, Rick Flair, Eddie Gurrero, and other wrestlers. WCW finally let her go in the year 2000.
However, she only stayed in WCW for a year. Torrie secured a deal with WWF shortly after, in 2001.
Similarly, Torrie Wilson initially appeared on SmackDown in 2001, as Venice McMahon’s latest love interest in her first storyline.
- Torrie, on the other hand, made her debut against Lita and Trish Stratus, with Stacy Keibler as her partner. Torrie, unfortunately, lost that match.
- Later in the novel, Torrie and Tajiri were shown to have a romantic attraction. However, Stacy did not approve of their love encounter, which led to a conflict between Stecy and Wilson.
- Tajiri becomes envious after WWE chooses Torrie on SmackDown, as she receives a lot of male attention. Later, he forced her to dress as a geisha and began to harass her at numerous functions.
- During Tajiri’s battle against Hurricane, Wilson grows tired of Tajiri and begins to undress while standing at the announcer’s table. Tajiri loses the bout due to this distraction.
- Torrie gained a lot of attention when she began a fight with Dawn Marie. Dawn Marie and Al Wilson married according to the plot, which Torrie disliked.
- Following that, Torrie Wilson overcame Dawn Marie in a series of events. As a result, after Torrie defeated Marie in a Stepmother vs. Stepdaughter match, their animosity came to an end.
You might also be interested in learning more about Maycee Barber
WWE Career Development (2003-2007)
- Torrie is featured in the 2003 issue of Playboy magazine, which is hardly surprising. As a result, Nidia and Torrie had a feud because Nidia was envious of Torrie’s status as a Playboy model.
- The playboy magazine and the diva’s jealousy of each other dominated these years. Terrie, on the other hand, was always in the magazine.
- Torrie overcame Hiroko in the 2005 Kimono bout by removing her kimono first. She had a brief feud with Melina shortly after that.
- In two matches, Melina and Torrie faced off. Melina, on the other hand, was the winner every time.
- In 2006, Wilson made a cameo appearance in ECW. According to the plot, Torrie begins a relationship with Carlito the next year.
- Melina had a match with Torrie, which she won. Despite her victory, she continues to defeat Torrie. Micke James later comes to Torrie’s aid.
- Carlito dumped Torrie in 2007, and the two even had a boxing match. As punishment for laughing at Vince McMahon, he put her in the bout. Torrie, unfortunately, loses that match.
Torrie was drafted to SmackDown in June 2007, and she works as Jimmy Wan Yang’s valet. Jimmy and Torrie, on the other hand, had a running dispute with Victoria and Kenny Dykstra.
She competed in several battles in 2017, but she has never won the diva’s championship match in her entire career.
View this post on Instagram
Due to a previous back injury, she took a vacation from WWE in November 2007. Doctors cautioned her that wrestling would be harmful to her health.
Torrie is finally released by WWE in May 2008, and she eventually quits the company.
Comebacks Are Common
She has appeared in WWE on numerous occasions even after she retired.
- She also competed in the Wrestlemania XXV 25 Diva Royal to Crown Miss Wrestlemania bout eleven months after her release.
- Torrie is also featured in WWE in 2018 earning the honor of being “one of the greatest female superstars of all time,” which WWE bestows upon her.
- In addition, in 2018, she competed in the first-ever All-Battle Women’s Royal.
Torrie Wilson was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2019, according to WWE.
She also attended a WWE event where she was introduced as a member of the 2019 WWE Hall of Fame class.
Torrie Wilson’s personal life isn’t as glamorous as her professional life. She has been hurt in love, but she continues to stay firm.
Billy Kidman and Torrie Wilson were married in 2003. In WWE, both Billy and Torrie met. Besides, they spent most of their time together, which fostered a tender spot in their hearts.
They were barely married for 5 years when they split in 2008. Torrie was deeply affected by the tragedy.
View this post on Instagram
However, in life, there is always another chance. Torrie Wilson married for the second time in 2019 to Justin Tupper.
Justin works for Golf Channel as a Senior Vice President. Tupper has captured her heart, and she considers herself fortunate to have met him.
Torris is currently living happily with Tupper. She is savoring every second she spends with him.
Net Worth | Torrie Wilson
Torrie has amassed a substantial sum of money throughout her career.
Moreover, Torrie’s net worth is estimated to be $5 million, according to celebritynetworth.com. She has an estimated net worth of $18 million, according to Therichest.com.
Similarly, the wealthiest revealed that Torrie Wilson earned $260,000 from WWE in 2005. She has, however, appeared on numerous magazine covers, WWE apparel, music videos, and more.
Torrie has been working for a long time, therefore her net worth of $18 million is not shocking.
Torrie Wilson does live a pleasant and wealthy life. Her dedication to her work and hard effort has paid off.
You might also be interested in learning more about Bobby Hebert
Body Measurement | Hair, Height, Nationality
Torrie Wilson is 46 years old at the time of publication. She is also a devout Christian and of Caucasian white ethnicity.
Torrie Wilson is a brunette with gorgeous blue eyes.
View this post on Instagram
Here, She has certainly kept up her physical appearance. She hasn’t worked out in a gym in the United States because of her hectic travel schedule. She enjoys working out.
Her horoscope indicates that her zodiac sign is Leo. Leo is a fiery, determined, and passionate zodiac sign. Torrie is equally enthusiastic about her job and her health.
Torrie is a frequent user of social media. Wilson communicates with her followers on Instagram and Twitter.
Frequently Asked Question:
What did people think of Torrie Wilson’s political remark on Brett Kavanaugh?
Her political remark received mixed reviews.
Wilson took to Twitter in 2018 to comment on Brett Kavanaugh’s sexual assault allegations, which were delaying his confirmation to the Supreme Court.
Torrie Wilson, have you seen WWE Velocity?
She was noted for her entrance on WWE Velocity.
Billy Kidman dated Torrie Wilson, right?
Kidman dated the model and pro wrestler. They had met at WCW.
Quick Facts | Torrie Wilson
|Name||Torrie Anne Wilson|
|Birthdate||July 24, 1975|
|Birthplace||Boise, Idaho, U.S.|
|Age||46 Years Old|
|Father’s Name||Al Wilson|
|Mother’s Name||Not known|
|Education||Boise State University|
|Height||5 ft. 7 inch|
|Eye color||Blue eyes|
|Net Worth||$20 Million|
|Trained by||Dave Finlay, John Laurinaitis, Billy Kidman|
|WWE Debut||February 21, 1999|
|WWE Name||Torrie Wilson Samantha|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Profession||Actor, Model, Fitness Competitor, Wrestler|
|Husband||Billy Kidman (married in 2003, divorced in 2008) Justin Tupper(2019)|
|Billed from||Boise, Idaho|
|Achievements||Miss Galaxy 1999 WWE Hall of Fame 2019|
|Social media||Twitter, Instagram|
|Merch||Paperback, Poster, Autographed Photo|
|Last Update||May, 2022|